So one of the biggests things that throws people off about who I am is my initial reserved character that comes through in the beginning of a new setting or relationship. Not that I have to tell any of you. You have had your time of experiencing that. Then there is the sudden burst of my real personality that comes out of nowhere. HAHA! It's always funny to see people's reaction to that first time.
I like to think of the beginning not as reservation but as observation. It's quite a good idea really. Think about it. We've all done it...or seen it happen...the infamous insertion of the foot into the mouth in a new setting around people you may not know really well. SO I choose to observe the new situation and/or people first. Then I know what I can/can't say/do around those people. Now, this is not to be confused with being fake. I am never fake around people; I simply choose how much of myself to expose. And there you have it!
Another first impression many people get of me is that I am stuck up (which I'm not even close to being). This comes from the initial reservation and the fact that I naturally have a not so friendly look on my face. When my face is relaxed, I look mad or mean. Personally, I don't care. If I try to look different all day, the muscles in my face hurt at the end of the day. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when people tell me to smile or make a comment to "be happy" or "life's not so bad..smile". I AM HAPPY!! This is my face people..the one I was born with..deal with it! Those comments usually push the laser button and those people then see what my unhappy face really looks like. ha! ...I do laugh a lot though. A day without a great big dose laughter is ...blah.

No comments:
Post a Comment