Monday, February 9, 2009

House Hunting

So it has FINALLY come!!! Britt and I are officially looking for our first home. We actually went and looked at some open houses for the first time this weekend. We looked at 4 houses, and I could easily see us living in 3 of the 4. This is gonna be harder than I thought. There are SOO many things to think about and make decisions about...yeah that's right the D word...decisions. I can't even make up my mind at a drive through window. How will I ever make up my mind? So we really don't need all that big of a house...I mean it's just Britt and me. Even if we suddenly popped out a kid...don't get any ideas anyone...that was NOT a hint...we still wouldn't need a lot of room for a while. BUT it is such a great buyer's market right now, we could get a bigger house and probably end up with more equity once the market goes up..... What do I do?? And when I say bigger, I don't mean huge. Like this weekend we looked at a house that was 1365 sq. ft. and one that was 1750 sq. ft. neither of them are HUGE but the 1700+ house was way more than we really even need. All of them have been updated so they didn't need much but the one that was only 1300+ sq. ft. had been totally gutted and had granite counter tops, all new stainless steel sppliances, the really nice expensive carpet, tile, very high quality fixtures ( water fixtures, light fixtures, door knobs and such) I mean it was decked out. BUT it doesn't have a garage and would need a fence in the back yard..well we would like one anyway. The other two we liked had a garage and didn't really need any updates either.....I dunno!!!! All of them however were in newer subdivisions, so they dont' have the charm of the mature subdivisions and we really do love charm..haha..hmmm. So the hunt begins.........

No comments: