So in reflections of recent events I have been asking myself what it is that I bring to the table in any new situation, project, endeavor, etc that I passionately pursue. I find myself having all of these grown up dreams and aspirations yet little experience to really make them happen. Any of you (who know me) know that when I want to do something, I don't let anything become an obstacle. There is nothing too great to keep my from accomplishing my dreams, especially a little lack of experience...I'll just go get some!! Sometimes I have to take a moment to just look at what I have done in my life and what I am trying to do and remind myself that HEY...I'm only 23...so I'm doing pretty well so far! I don't know why, but I often feel like I'm older than that and that I'm running out of time. So in pretty much ANYTHING that I do right now...I have little experience. I mean really I've only been out from under my parents roof for 5 years and three of them I was still in college. So only being two years out of college...I'm still a baby. So experience is not going to be an asset I can bring to the table. What is great about me....what makes me different and worth it? I think that my sharp and creative mind is one thing, a lot of natural ability for most anything I've ever pursued, and the other is my drive and commitment. Maybe that seems boring, but I think it is rare. How often do you find a creative mind that is also sharp and highly analytical. It is rare to have them BOTH. I think that it allows me to learn quickly and in different ways than most. I don't have to be "taught" many things. I am able to learn by watching and piecing things together on my own. This is actually how I've learned most everything I think. I am given a small piece of something, and can take it a mile longer on my own. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with my natural ability. I've been a natural in school and on the canvas/court/field/dance floor....analytical and creative. And what about drive and commitment? How valuable is it to have someone with all the experience in the world but that doesn't give you the commitment necessary or have the drive and passion to get past anything that gets in the way? Pretty worthless.
....and how about compatibility......
is what I bring enough?

1 comment:
Post a Comment