Wednesday, October 29, 2008

living on the brink

Sometimes I feel like I'm always living on the edge..on the brink of a great success and at the same time one wobble away from falling. This anxiety is quite draining! I've got my belt cinched and my breath held knowing/hoping the opportunity to exhale is just over the next hill. The problem (if it is really a problem) is I'm such a driven person that once I get over that hill, I've already set my eyes on the next destination, so I never have my moment to exhale!! Maybe that is a quality that leads to success...but it sure is draining! Part of this is probably my tendency to rely on myself to do everything instead of letting things rest in the hands of God. I know that He has me and won't let go and that His plans are best..that he knows me even better than I do. Why is it so hard to hand it over? It's easy to give parts, but the whole thing....letting go of all control....that is scary.

1 comment:

andrea said...

I can SO relate with you right now!